Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Re-invention and The Wet Mop Syndrome.

The Wet Mop Syndrome: A condition of mind rot where some people believe that person's outside of themselves are responsible for their unhappiness. Usually the wet mopper converses with other wet moppers or other sounding boards to get their endless point across. The Synonyms for wet moppers are: blamers, consistent complainers, gripers, and/or heavy procrastinators. I was most definitely a wet mopper. When I decided to tell myself the truth I asked myself the following questions?
  • Do I want a life of endless could've, would've, should'ves?
  • How many opportunities have I blown simply because I was not prepared for them?
  • How long will I blame others for my unhappiness? A year? Five? Ten? Twenty years?
  • How many years am I willing to wait before I take action?
  • Will there ever be a perfect time in my life to change?
  • Am I afraid that people will see me as I truly believe myself to be which is inadequate?
  • Will blaming others get me what I want? Or will it keep me right where I'm at?
The Bliss Blogs are here to tell you that you could have all the reasons in the world why you can't have, do or be what you want. But when the smoke clears, and life progresses on, you will be the one who feels the rub of your inability to take responsibility for your very own gift of life. So if any of the aforementioned questions hit home for you, for starters you can begin to peel yourself away from the wet moppers. Spend less time with them. They'll wonder why you're distant. Tell them that you want to live you life fully. And if you are a wet mopper like I once was; I emphasize the need to spend time alone. Get clear, empower yourself with truth, and get in alignment with courage and optimism.

No comments: